Welcome to Lake St. Clair
Bass Haven is a family operated Sport Fishing and Hunting Outfitter, established over 40 years ago, located on Lake St.Clair at
Mitchell's Bay, Ontario, Canada.
As anyone who's been here will tell you, Lake St. Clair's world class reputation for Trophy
Smallmouth Bass, Largemouth Bass and Muskie (Muskellunge) fishing is well deserved. Lake St. Clair is a First Class sport fishery
that receives high praise from Bass, Muskie, Walleye and Panfishermen alike.
There is always something going on at Bass Haven. Fishing and Hunting keeps us busy year round. In the spring it begins with the Walleye, Perch and Panfish runs. In June, Muskie and Bass Opening Days draw thousands of anglers and several tournaments to the lake.
Bass Haven Services include:
- Boat Ramp on our protected canal, that leads directly into Mitchell's Bay.
- Boat Rentals.
- Tackle shop stocked with a wide selection of proven St. Clair baits and
- Turkey hunting gear and Licences.
- Fishing Bait - Minnows - Worms - Cray Fish - Wax Worms - Spikes (when in
- Gas Dock.
- Campground for both RV and Tents with 30 amp. service.
- Fishing and Hunting Guide Service.
- Ontario Fishing and Hunting Licenses (Resident and Non-Resident)
- Walpole Island Fishing Permits (First Nation Territories)
- Propane Refilling Station.
Tic-Tac Pike fishing, summer 2009
Middle Grounds - Bass, summer 2009
In the Ice Fishing category, Bass Haven at Mitchell's Bay, Ontario on Lake St.Clair was listed as the #1 place to go in North
America, in the 1999-2000 "Trip Tips" section of "In Fishermen" magazine's Ice Fishing edition. We are just as proud of our
Walleye, Northern Pike, Perch, Bluegill and Crappie fishery! Lake St. Clair has everything an angler could ask for and a whole lot
more. At Bass Haven "We Make Weekends"!
Our Fall fishery is truly awesome (lots of "Big Dogs" come out to play then) and as the Bass, Muskie, Walleye, and Perch fishing winds down in December, Ice Fishing is almost ready to begin!
We receive 100's of emails and phone calls requesting fishing and weather reports. Hopefully our web site will provide you with the information that you require and also give us some more time to spend on the lake ourselves. We will update the Fishing Reports page frequently, whenever there is a major change or we have new information to report. If you can't find what you need ask on the Forum (bulletin board), dont' forget to post a message and let us know how your fishing trip went.